Vlastimil Pihera partner
Vlastimil Pihera is a partner of KŠB. He specializes primarily in securities and capital markets, investment funds and companies, collective investment and public regulation of financial institutions. He is a frequent contributor to the professional press, was a member of the expert commission of the Ministry of Justice for the preparation of the Act on Business Corporations and a member of the expert group of the Commission for the application of new civil legislation of the Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic. He currently works at the Institute of State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and as a member of the Appeals Commission of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, a member of the Ethics Committee of the Association for Capital Markets and a member of the Ethics Committee of the Czech Association of Financial Advisory and Mediation Companies.
Vlastimil Pihera is actively involved in bond issuance mandates as well as regulatory matters, share acquisitions and restructurings. "Vlastimil is very straightforward, hard-working and cooperative. He is business-oriented and curious about finding a right way out from a problem."
CHAMBERS EUROPE 2023
Kocián Šolc Balaštík‘s banking, finance and capital markets practice mainly focuses on cross-border matters, including bond issues, regulatory capital raisings, securitisations and structured finance transactions. Regulatory work is also a cornerstone of the practice, which spans advice on the establishment and regulatory authorisation of regulated entities, prudential and business conduct requirements, and the launch of digital financial service products. In addition, the firm provides representation in financial regulatory investigations and litigation. Martin Krejčí, Petr Kasík and Vlastimil Pihera jointly lead the team.
LEGAL 500 2022
Legal advice on several dozen public bond issues (e.g. for J&T Group, RN Solutions, MSI, M&M Reality), and representation before the Czech National Bank in prospectus approval proceedings.
Advising clients (such as J&T Banka, Česká spořitelna, mBank, Amundi, Roklen, Bank Gutmann, the Czech Association of Financial Advisory and Mediation Companies) on financial market regulation and on licensing proceedings before the Czech National Bank (e.g. Banka Creditas, Zonky, Zaplo, Walteran Company, GECO) and in proceedings before the financial arbitrator (e.g. Ferratum Bank, OVB Allfinanz, NWD Asset Management).
Advice on private equity financial structures (e.g. Rockaway, Nation 1, AI Startup Incubator), including qualified investor investment funds (e.g. Arete Group, J&T Thein SICAV, NWD SICAV) and investment crowdfunding platforms (Fundlift).
Advice on settling a number of trusts for the administration of family assets, including dealing with relevant aspects of inheritance law and related contractual arrangements.
Advocate since 2008.
- International rating agencies (Chambers&Partners, IFLR1000, Legal500) recommend Vlastimil as an expert for banking and capital markets in the Czech Republic.
- In 2019, he was awarded an honorary medal by the Minister of Justice for his contribution to Czech legislation.
- Faculty of Law, Westbohemian University in Plzeň (Mgr. - 1999; Ph.D. - 2007)
- Faculty of Law, Charles University in Prague (JUDr. - 2001)
- Czech Bar Association
- Association for Capital Markets (Member of the Ethics Committee)
- Member of the Appeals Commission of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic
- Czech Association of Financial Advisory and Mediation Companies (Member of the Ethics Committee)
- Institute of State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (Department of Private Law)
- Head Office Prague
- Investing In Czech Republic, Chambers & Partners Global Practice Guides, 2023 (co-author)
- Kateřina Ronovská, Eva Dobrovolná, Bohumil Havel & Vlastimil Pihera: Property and Trust Law in the Czech Republic, 1. Edition. Alphen aan den Rijn: Wolters Kluwer, 2020. 190 p.
- Pihera, V., Smutný, A., Sýkora, P., Cuník, T. Zákon o bankách. Komentář. [English: Banking Act . Commentary.] 2. Edition. Praha : C. H. Beck, 2019, 888 p.
- Kotásek, J., Pihera, V., Pokorná, J., Vítek, J. Právo cenných papírů. [English: Securities law.] 1. Edition. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2014, 264 p.
- Hulmák, M. a kol. Občanský zákoník VI. Závazkové právo (§ 2055–3014). Komentář. [English: Civil Code VI. Law of Obligations (§ 2055–3014). Commentary.] 1. Edition. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2014, 2046 p. (§ 2402 –2429, 2455 - 2470)
- Spáčil, J. a kol. Občanský zákoník III. Věcná práva (§ 976–1474). Komentář. [English: Civil Code III. Rights in rem (§ 976–1474). Commentary.] 1. Edition. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2013, 1276 p. (§ 1400–1474)
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. Private foundations in the Czech Republic: 10 years on the road, v: Trust & Trustees, Oxford: Oxford University Press, May 2022
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. Under construction: Trusts, trust-like structures, foundations and beneficial owners registries in the European Union—The Czech perspective , v: Trust & Trustees, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2021, Volume 27, Issue 6.
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. K některým mýtům a omylům o svěřenských fondech. [English: Some myths and mistakes about trust funds.] Bulletin Advokacie, 2020, č. 7-8
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. Foreign trusts in the Czech Republic: mostly recognized and (sometimes) registered, v: Trust & Trustees, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2020, Volume 26, Issue 6.
- Pihera, V., Havel, B. Povaha funkce a odpovědnost členů orgánů obchodních společností jako východisko racionálního corporate governance. [English: The nature of the function and responsibility of members of the bodies of companies as a starting point for rational corporate governance.] Právní rozhledy, 2019, č. 23 – 24.
- Pihera, V., Kokeš, J. Výbor pro audit v aktuální perspektivě českého práva obchodních korporací, [English: Audit Committee in the Current Perspective of Czech Business Corporation Law.] Obchodněprávní revue, 2019, č. 9.
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. How (not) to change the (un)changeable? Trust & Trustees, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2019, Volume 25, Issue 6.
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V. The unbearable lightness of forced heirship: the Czech perspective. Trust & Trustees, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018, Volume 24, Issue 6.
- Pihera, V. Kapitál vs. práce; kodeterminace a střet zájmů [English: Capital Vs. work; codetermination and conflict of interest.] in Husár, J., Csach, K. (eds.) Konflikty záujmov v práve obchodných společnosti, Bratislava : Wolters Kluwer, 2018.
- Pihera, V., Ronovská, K. Checks and balances needed. STEP Journal, London: STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), 2018, Volume 26, Issue 4.
- Ronovská, K., Pihera, V., Estate planning on the edges of time: The Czech Perspective. Trusts & Trustees, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2017, Volume 23, Issue 6.
- Pihera, V. Investiční fond. Vyměřování teritoria. [English: Investment fund. Surveying the territory.] Obchodněprávní revue, 2017, roč. 9, č. 9.
- Pihera, V., Havel, B., Ronovská, K., "Svěřenský fond" - a new trust like vehicle in Czech Civil Law. In Menyhei Ákos, Sándor István. A trust bevezetése magyarországon és a nemzetiözi gyakorlat/ Introductiono of the trust in Hungary and the international practice. 1. vyd. Budapest, Maďarsko: HVG ORAC, 2017. s. 185
- Pihera, V. Krocení trustů. Svěřenecké fondy v hledáčku první novely občanského zákoníku. [English: Taming of trusts. Trust funds in the first amendment to the Civil Code.] Obchodněprávní revue, 2016, roč. 8, č. 5
- Lectures within KŠB Institut for example, on the topics "Records of beneficial owners of legal entities and trust funds", "Management and protection of assets", "Consumer loans".