Sylvie Sobolová partner, shareholder (s.r.o.)
Sylvie Sobolová is a partner of KŠB. She specializes in public procurement and public aid, competition law, selected aspects of intellectual property law, and litigation and arbitration.
Kocián Šolc Balaštík has an excellent reputation in the competition space and acts for large multinational clients in merger control proceedings. The team has considerable experience appearing before the Czech Competition Authority and the European Commission on litigation and other antitrust matters. The practice has a strong dispute resolution offering, with co-chair Sylvie Sobolová being noted for her arbitration expertise.
LEGAL 500 2021
- Public sector and public procurement
- Competition, Unfair competition
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property law
Representing major energy companies in international investment arbitration before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
Representing non-profit organisations in administrative proceedings and litigation resulting from investigations by the European Anti-Fraud Office.
Representing clients in administrative proceedings and litigation resulting from audits conducted by the European Commission.
Representing a client in connection with the alleged conclusion of an illegal agreement in tender procedures before the Czech Competition Authority and administrative courts.
Representing an airline in a dispute over illegally granted public aid.
Representing a local government in a dispute over damages incurred in connection with the holding of a local referendum.
Advising Plzeň municipal transport companies on a public contract for redeveloping a tramway depot.
Advising the Radioactive Waste Repositories Authority on a public contract related to nuclear waste management operations
Advising gas companies on the application of the Public Procurement Act.
Advising an automotive company on the implementation of the global selective distribution system.
Advising pharmaceutical companies on implementing a direct distribution model for pharmaceutical products.
Advocate since 2002.
- Sylvie has twice been ranked among the leading representatives of Czech law in the Top 100 Women in Czech Legal Business, which was compiled as part of the #PRVNICH100LET project.
- Faculty of Law, Masaryk University in Brno (Mgr. - 1998, JUDr. - 1999)
- University of Oxford (1998-1999)
- University of Economics in Prague (Ph.D. - 2004)
- Hague Academy of International Law (1997)
- Czech Bar Association
- Head Office Prague
- Ochrana označení původu a zeměpisných označení v doménách a na etiketách (English: Protection of designations of origin and geographical indications in domains and on labels), Právní rádce 3/2023
- Dát na internet cizí text či video nebude už tak snadné. Novela podpoří média. (English: Putting someone else's text or video online won't be so easy. The amendment will support the media.), Právní rádce 9/2022
- MLSNA, Petr et al. Competition and public procurement. Synergies and intersections. Publishing house Aleš Čeněk s.r.o., 2022.
- Firemní značka není auto. Právo na ni je nutné dobře zakotvit do smlouvy. (in English: A company brand is not a car. The right to it must be well established in the contract.) Ekonom, May 2022
- International Public Procurement, Center for International Legal Studies - chapter containing an overview of legislation in the field of public procurement in the Czech Republic.
- Kapitola 6 Hospodářská soutěž in „Základy obchodního práva“, vysokoškolská učebnice, [English: Chapter 6 Competition in "Fundamentals of Commercial Law", university textbook.] I. Štenglová, J. Dědič, Miloš Tomsa a kol.
- Globální užití označení na internetu a z něj plynoucí nároky na právní úpravu ochranných známek a její interpretace. [English: Global use of the designation on the Internet and the resulting claims for trademark law and its interpretation.] Průmyslové vlastnictví, 2004, No. 9 – 10
- Problematický postoj EU k mezinárodnímu vyčerpání práv k ochranným známkám. [English: The EU's problematic position on international exhaustion of trademark rights.] In EMP: odborný časopis o evropském a mezinárodním právu. [English: The EMP: a professional journal on European and international law.] Praha: Nadace EMP, 1995-2004. 1999, Year 5, No. 6, p. 3
Legal aspects of the introduction of G-cloud / shared ICT services in the Czech public administration (Conference "Shared ICT services and G-cloud in the Czech public administration")