Martin Šolc partner
Martin Šolc is a partner of KŠB and one of its founding members. In his practice, he specializes mainly in mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and company law, including group law. In 2017, Martin Šolc became President of the International Bar Association (IBA) as the first representative of Central and Eastern Europe in the history of this organization and held this position until the end of 2018.
Martin Šolc (Eminent Practitioner) is appreciated for his breadth of expertise in handling complex and often cross-border acquisitions across the hospitality and mobility solutions sectors. "He is really amazing in negotiations. If you have to settle something or come to an agreement of compromise and bring him with you, you have a very good chance to make a good deal."
CHAMBERS EUROPE 2023
- Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, private equity, restructuring
- Company law, including corporate group law
- Compliance and internal investigations
Long-term advice to YIT Stavo, Asental Group, Heineken International, Heidelberg Cement, and Advanced World Transport.
Advocate since 1982.
- International rating agencies (Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, IFLR1000) recommend Martina Šolc for many years as one of the leading experts in restructuring and mergers and acquisitions in the Czech Republic. Chambers Europe 2021 describes him as one of the three "Eminent Practitioners" for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions in the Czech Republic. In 2018 he entered the "Hall of Fame of Legal 500".
- Faculty of Law, Charles University in Prague (Mgr. - 1976, JUDr. - 1982)
- Czech Bar Association (member of the Board of Directors in 1990-2002, Chairman 1994, Vice-Chairman in 1990-1993, 1995-1998)
- International Bar Association (co-chair of the Eastern European Forum in 1998-2000, member of the Section on Business Law in 2000-2004, chairman of the Public & Professional Interest Division in 2006-2008, co-chair of the Human Rights Institute in 2009-2010,General Secretary 2013-2015, Vice President 2015-2017, President in 2017-2018)