Martin Štefko is a lawyer at KŠB. He has also acted as a visiting teacher at Nova Southeastern University in the USA and KU Leuven in Belgium. In his practice, he focuses mainly on labor law and social security and health insurance. Since 2005 he has been working at the Faculty of Law of Charles University, first as an assistant professor, later as an associate professor at the Department of Labor Law and Social Security Law, he also acts at the Institute of State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic. Martin Štefko is the author of more than 300 articles in peer-reviewed journals, the author or co-author of more than 20 professional books on labor and social security law.
Advice on labour law in its entirety, advice on the termination of employment, compensation for injuries resulting from work accidents and occupational diseases.
Advocate since 2017.
- Faculty of Law, Charles University in Prague (Mgr. - 2002, JUDr. - 2003, Ph.D.- 2005, doc. - 2014)
- Czech Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Student and Scientific Field Activities from 2007 to 2011
- From 2007 to 2014, a member of the advisory board of the Regional Branch of the City of City of Prague, Labor Office of the Czech Republic
- Registered intermediary for collective relations with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Member of the editorial board of the European Labor Law Journal since 2009
- Correspondent of the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Social Security Law within the project "General Principles of Social Security Law in Europe" (since 2007) and within the project "Die Altersversorgung von Beamten im Vergleich (since 2009)
- Lecturer (since 2005) and Senior Lecturer (since 2014) at Charles University School of Law, Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law
- Lecturer of labour law and social security law seminars since 2003
- Lecturer in charge and teacher of a course in “Social Rights and Their Protection”
- Lecturer in charge and teacher of a course in “Labour Law and Social Security Law”
- Lecturer in charge of a course in “Introduction to US Law”
- Munich University "Summer Training in German and European Law”, Munich, from 4 July 2005 to 29 July 2005, subject: interaction of German law and acquis communautaire
- Guest professor at NOVA Southeastern University in Florida, USA in 2009, and at KLU Leven, Belgium in 2016
- Max Planck Institute Scholarship in 2007
- Award of the Rector of Charles University for the best professional book in 2011, 2014 and 2017.
More than 300 articles, author or co-author of more than 20 professional books on labor and social security law
- Štefko, M. (ed.): Labour Law and Social Security Law at the Crossroads, Faculty of Law, Charles University in Prague 2016
- Becker, Ulrich - Štefko, Martin a kol. Aktuální otázky práva na práci občanů třetích států z pohledu ČR a SRN. [English: Current issues of the right to work of third-country nationals from the perspective of the Czech Republic and Germany.] Praha: Ústav státu a práva AV ČR, Praha 2015, ISBN 978-80-87439-20-3
- Kotous, J.; Munková, G.; Štefko, M.: Obecné otázky sociální politiky, [English: General social policy issues.] Praha: Ústav státu a práva AV ČR, 2013. 169 s. - (E-knihy). ISBN 978-80-87439-08-1
- Výkon závislé a nelegální práce, [English: Performance of dependent and illegal work.] PF UK v Praze, Studie z lidských práv č. 2, PF UK v Praze, ediční středisko 2013, ISBN 978-80-871146-72-9
- Koldinská, K.; Štefko, M.: Sociální práva cizinců, [English: Social rights of foreigners.] Praha, C.H.Beck 2013
- Pracovní právo v kontextu občanského práva, Analýza limitů podpůrné působnosti obecného občanského práva v pracovněprávních vztazích, [English: Labor law in the context of civil law, Analysis of the limits of the supporting scope of general civil law in labor relations.] Praha: Auditorium 2012
- Vysílání zaměstnanců do zahraničí, [English: Posting employees abroad.] Praha: C.H.Beck, 2009, ISBN 978-80-7400-110-9
- Bělina a kol. Zákoník práce, komentář, [English: Labor Code. Commentary.] Praha 2008, 2010 and 2015, C.H.Beck, ISBN 978-80-7179-607-7 (Štefko is the author of comments on the provisions of § 16 to 17, § 78 to 100, § 300, § 307, § 316 to 319, § 338 to 346, and the register)
Participation as a lecturer in more than 15 foreign and 16 domestic conferences, from presentations at foreign conferences it is possible to mention:
Conference "The Jurisprudence of the International Courts" organized by the University of Santiago de Compostella, from 3 to 5 June 2015, presentation on the case of Slovak Pensions C-399/09 Landtová (2011)
European Regional Congress organized by the International Society of Labor Law and Social Security Law in cooperation with the University Collage of Dublin from 16 to 19 September 2014, topic of the lecture in the Young Scholars: The Czech Republic´s Report section
Working Time Conference, VII. IAD organized by the University of St. St. Gallen, 30 and 31 October 2014, Switzerland, presentation on Regulations on Working Time in the Czech Republic