Václav Rovenský partner, shareholder (s.r.o.)
Václav Rovenský is a partner of KŠB. Since 1996, he has been working as a lawyer focusing mainly on energy law, environmental law, mining law, real estate, construction and public procurement. In addition, he has been the head of the KŠB labor law department for several years.
Václav Rovenský undertakes regulatory and compliance work for clients in industries including thermal energy and infrastructure developments. He is also well placed to advise clients on administrative proceedings.One client states: "He is very responsive, intelligent and analytical and has always advised us very well on which matters are important and which are not."
CHAMBERS EUROPE 2023
Václav Rovenský is known for his financing advice and for his work with international investors.
LEGAL 500 2022
- Energy, mining and mineral processing
- Real estate and construction
- ESG and Sustainable Business Practice
Advising a number of prestigious architectural studios, such as Bjarke Ingels Group, in the preparation and negotiating the architectural study contract, project documentation and other activities related to the Vltava Philharmonic project, William Matthews Associates, which won the international competition to design the building of the new headquarters of the Railway Administration in Prague or Benthem Crouwel Architects, winners of the international competition for the design of the new main station in Brno.
Advising ALPIQ on the financing, construction and commissioning of coal and gas-fired power plants (with a total installed capacity of approximately 500 MW).
Advising ArcelorMittal on spinning off its Czech energy division.
Advising a consortium in the process of making a bid for the construction of the D4 highway on Czech law issues (construction law, transport law, financing and public procurement) in the first PPP financing of a highway construction in almost 20 years.
Advising private parties, public companies and international investors on various contractual and regulatory aspects of Czech law, CO2 emission trading and renewable energy sources such as biomass combustion, solar and wind energy.
Advising many clients on construction-law issues.
Advocate since 1996.
- International rating agencies (Chambers&Partners, IFLR1000, Legal500) recommend Václav as an energy law expert for the Czech Republic.
- Faculty of Law, Charles University in Prague (1993, JUDr. - 1999, Ph.D. - 2000)
- Czech Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- International Construction Law Association
- ESG 2023 Guide, Chambers & Partners Global Practice Guides
- 2023 Employment Law Year in Review Series: Czech Republic
- Oil & Gas Laws and Regulations in Czech Republic, CEE Legal Matters Comparative Guide, 2022
- Contributions to the international publication Gas Regulation from the Getting the Deal Through series published by the London analytical company Law Business Research Ltd.
- Contributions to the international publication Electricity Regulation from the Getting the Deal Through series published by the London analytical company Law Business Research Ltd.
- Lex Dukovany – A Step Towards Building a New Nuclear Reactor in The Czech Republic, CEE Legal Matters, Issue 8.8