Matúš Kovačič is a lawyer at KŠB. He specializes mainly in financial services, especially in banking, securities, public regulation of financial institutions, investment funds and companies, collective investment and insurance.
Advising a credit institution, as a custodian of investment funds, in dealing with selected compliance issues.
Advising clients on drafting documentation for the issuance of non-equity securities, including prospectus regulation, passporting; representing the clients in related proceedings.
Advising a credit institution on setting up a management and audit system, including reviewing its internal documentation and drafting new documentation.
Advising a client on negotiations and contract documentation regarding acquiring services.
Advising a client on selected issues of offering cryptoassets in the Czech Republic (in particular under MiFID2, PSD2, and the 4th AML Directive).
Advising a company engaged in crowdfunding on regulatory compliance issues (in particular under CCD, MCD, MiFID2, AFIMD, PSD2) and passporting-feasibility issues.
Reviewing key information disclosure in line with PRIIPs.
Advising a loan institution on proceedings before the financial arbitrator regarding alleged breach of the Consumer Loan Act.
Advising a loan institution on resolving particular AML/CFT aspects of offered banking products, including qualified question for the FAU.
Assistance with representing a global construction company in insolvency proceedings with an international dimension.
- Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, Brno (Mgr. - 2016)
- Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki (2014)
- Czech Bar Association
- State final exams summa cum laude (2016)
- Second best written submission for the plaintiff in the ADR moot court (2016, Hong Kong)
- Second best written submission on behalf of the defendant in the FDI moot court (2015, London)
- Top 16 teams within FDI and ADR moot court (2015 and 2016)
- German (passive)
- Head Office Prague
- Kovačič, M. Umbrella Clauses in International Investment Arbitration [online]. Brno, 2016. Diploma Thesis. Masaryk University, Faculty of Law.
- Masaryk University, Faculty of Law. FDI Moot 2015: Second Highest Respondent Memorial (ex aequo). Transnational Dispute Management [online]. 2015, Issue 7.
- Lectures within KŠB Institut on the topic of consumer credits.